I strive to provide the highest quality, evidence–based psychological services that are caring, respectful and effective. My approach is…
- Individualized: I use different treatment approaches to meet the unique needs of each client and family. These include family systems, cognitive, behavioral, psychodynamic, Gestalt, and mindfulness approaches.
- Relationship-based: I believe that change happens most readily in the context of a safe, trusting and responsive therapeutic relationship. I use our relationship to provide support, help you explore emotional and behavioral patterns, and provide you with tools and insights to make desired changes.
- Family–systems based: Family members are included whenever possible. Treatment strategies that include family members are usually more effective because behavioral and psychological concerns often occur in social contexts.
- Strengths–based: Treatment is a creative process and utilizes each family’s specific skills, strengths and resources to make desired changes.
- Focused: Goals are identified and treatment is focused so that it can be completed as briefly and as cost–effectively as possible.
- Collaborative: With parent consent, treatment can include teachers, schools, referring physicians and other involved parties.